The RAGE Team

Go down

The RAGE Team

Post by Fox on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:04 pm


Lake of Rage | Early Morning | 1

The mist was thick around the waters' edge, but he could still see the bright red eyes, glowing back at him through it. He crouched closer to the ground, backing away as silently as he could on the wet grass. His gaze flicked from one set of eyes to another, then another. They knew he was there, and it was only a matter of time before they found him. He could hear the water sloshing as more of the rotting corpses rose from the lake. The smell of decay was so overwhelming it made him want to gag.

Shit...


The white fox cursed himself for getting this close to the lake. He had known it may have been risky to be near that much water, but he had no idea there were a concentration of them there. And to further bewilder him, they all were a variety of types, seemingly dumped into the lake en masse. Now they were all bloated and their skin was sliding off their bodies...and looking for him. He pushed his panic down, slowly making his way through the thick grasses.
"Huumph!" His foot suddenly found a deep puddle as he splashed loudly into it. A sudden howl broke the silence behind him, followed by many things coming his direction in the tall grass.

His hair stood on end as he scrambled out of the water, making a mad dash for the forests edge. The thick grasses were slimy, and seemed to grab at him when he tried to race through, and the ground was a sludgy mess. Ginko could just make out the treeline when something hit him hard from behind, shoving him forward and making his slender body skid in the mud.

_________________
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
___________________________
Fox
Fox

Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Lake of Rage|Early Morning|1

Jim arrives at the lake as the fog was thick. Where in the hell was he this time? The water was rippling with sounds of something. "Lake of Rage. Might get some magikarp as well as fixing the undead." Mainly in his mind though was kicking ass before food. However something pushed him forcing him forward as he nearly tripped on a downed log. "What the fuck was that?" Fire was coming out of his mouth as he turned and looked around seeing what it was. Glowing red eyes had been staring at him from a distance as if there was something watching him. The question was if it was on land or in the water. Either way if he finds it he'll kill it. Ever since that day he had seen a gible die from the attack of the undead, he's been killing them everywhere he went. He would be damned if he let an undead go.

The Garchomp walked through the mud trying to make out heads or tails of whatever is out there. It was so foggy that it could be cut with a knife and still reform in seconds. If the Garchomp had to guess it would make a perfect cover for whoever pushed him. "If I need to start kicking some ass around here then I will."

OoC)) Will expand tomorrow when I wake up.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard

Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by Nightfall on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:22 am



Lake of Rage (Early Morning)
(N: 1 | E: 1)

Noah parted the tall grass in front of him, stepping cautiously out into the gloom. His wide, heavy feet left behind deep prints in the mud as he plodded along, rotating his aching shoulders. He sucked in a breath of awe as the lake slowly morphed into view through the fog; even as obscured as it was, it was one of the biggest he'd seen in a long time. He could only imagine the view of it on a clear day.

He wasn't the only one feeling the wonder; sharp little talons gripped at the damp skin on his head between his tall fins, and he could feel Ellie leaning forward.

"Whooooa... that is a big puddle!"

He let out a chuckle, allowing himself a moment to sit on his haunches and rest. They'd been scared out of their den during the night by a group of undead and had been on the move ever since in case the fiend had decided to follow them.

"It's called a lake," he told the young Taillow. "And... yes, I suppose you could call it a giant puddle," he added with a laugh.

He could feel Ellie tapping her talons against his skin thoughtfully. "Can we go swimming later?" she asked.

As badly as Noah wished he could say yes, stepping into a lake that was as wide and deep as most of them were was a terrible idea. He didn't want to know what undead beasts were lurking within, and who knew how horribly contaminated the water was by then.

He shook his head sadly. "Not a good idea, Ellie. Lakes like this will have a lot of monsters hiding in them. It wouldn't be safe at all."

He expected her to protest or argue in some way, like she often did; the little avian was beginning to reach the age when she supposedly knew everything. But instead, Ellie was suspiciously silent. And still.

Immediately on alert, Noah stood up again, raising himself onto his hind legs to survey the area. He spotted what she was probably looking at very quickly; a tall Pokemon not unlike a shark with legs, adorned with sharp spikes along its arms and thighs and a long, thick tail. It was prowling around not far from the lake's edge, and it hadn't seen them yet.

"Is it a monster?" Ellie whispered. Noah could feel her feathers shuddering against his left fin.

"I'm not sure," he muttered back. "Stay quiet."

He crept forward, carefully, trying not to make any splashing or squelching sounds in the mud. The closer he got, the less he got the impression that the Pokemon was even undead at all; it didn't have a lumber or limp that most of them did, and as he flattened himself against the wall of a small cabin, Noah could hear a grumbling voice. Was the Pokemon... talking to himself?

He's not infected, he thought, somehow feeling hugely relieved and terrified at the same time. His hand instinctively reached up to his head to touch Ellie.

She pecked at his palm in response. "What is it?" she whispered. "He did look kind of scary. Maybe he's -- Noah!" she suddenly hissed, and he could feel her wings fluttering frantically against his fins. "Over there! There's a monster!"

Noah immediately saw what she was talking about: a pair of blazing red eyes lurked within the undergrowth near to where the strange Pokemon was standing. Instinct propelled him forward as he dashed out from his hiding place right for the stranger, holding out one of his hands. There was a feral growl from the bushes as whatever was in there poised itself to strike.

"You there! Look out!"
Nightfall
Nightfall

Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by Milobytz on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:09 am


| Lake of Rage || Early Morning |
1

The small crunches of leaves were as loud as cracking bones along the lake’s edge. Fog severely limited the range of view, making it hard to see anything more than 200 feet away. The trees were no worse for wear in this undead world, being one of the only things still remaining to flourish in the area. Up in the branches of a tree southwest of the lake, a small fox shakes remaining mud off of his paw. Akin to a cat, he takes a long stride and shakes his paws a bit more to make sure they weren’t coated.

The lake of Rage wasn’t entirely a lake anymore so much as it was a swamp area. The infected water types kept the land drowning and mucky. Finch looks down at his tracks that were thankfully indiscernible from the rest of the land around it.
Thank the legends that I can walk lightly…. He looks down the way he came from, squinting in attempt to see further but obviously hopeless. The hair on his body finally begins to lay flat. It was the first time in a while he had been somewhat safely perched….

And suddenly, in the distance, a howl sounds off. The warped, unearthly sounds of the once living. The Zorua huffed, his tag jangling in a careless body shake. Well, that didn’t last long. The Zorua tentatively points himself toward the noise, unsure of his juxtaposition to the lake. Very faintly, he could hear the graceless noises of mud slapping… …and they were coming closer. Immediately, the fox vanishes from normal view. Surely, his illusion tactics could still keep undead out of his way.

The shadow of a bipedal form appears, frantically running towards the tree line to the south east of the lake from what he could judge. Within seconds his large ears and swooping leg fur came into view, and became what Finch could tell was a Delphox. A… living Delphox. It was as gray as the fog, more lithe than ones he had seen before. Then the noises of gurgling zombies came into his field of hearing, following right behind the vulpine.

Oh boy…. Yeah, they were heading this way, without a doubt. The Delphox finally approaches his tree, running along the muddied path surely since he no longer had the advantage of being hidden. He flies under the branch, completely unaware of Finch’s presence. He wasn’t sure what drove him to follow the fox…. Maybe because he didn’t want to see another lone survivor die at the hands of these mindless creatures. The Zorua hopped from branch to branch, a little slower than the fox’s running speed, but keeping up.

Eventually, a rock comes flying from the following hoard, Rock Throw, and slams dead center into the Fox’s back. They must be catching up in order to even think of landing a hit in this fog. The Delpox crashes into the mud, torso bending backwards into a C, but seemingly unhurt otherwise. Finch halts on the branch above, his hair puffing out on his whole body. This was going to end badly… unless he actually got involved. His sense of justice wouldn’t let him stand up in the trees in good conscience.

Finch dashes out of the tree, landing next to the Delphox.
“Hey...” he looks back toward the approaching noises, still far enough to shake them if they move. “I know where we can hide, come with me,” he says before dashing into the bushes near the trees. Just a short distance away he could make out a fallen tree, making a bit of secure cover. He could use his illusion power there… maybe it’d be far enough to hide their immediate scent. The mud isn’t very good for picking up scents, afterall. Finch sensed the Delphox coming up behind him, and looks to him briefly.

“Here, in this fallen tree. I can disguise us from sight for a second, it should be enough to throw them off.” Dashing forward, he runs into the hidden corner, waiting for the Delphox to rush in before throwing up a flat illusion to cover them just enough from sight behind the branches. They wait… and Finch can hear the undead approaching them but still on the path.

_________________

Just hold out against the night


and guard your hope with your life
Milobytz
Milobytz

Posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by Fox on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm


Lake of Rage | Early Morning | 2


"Rrgh..." The Delphox groaned, shaking his head to clear his vision. Behind him the shrieks were getting closer and the branches above him were...shaking?
Just as he looked up, a dark thing dropped towards him. "Ngh!" He grunted, scrambling back from it frantically. Before him was a little zorua, staring at him and clearly alive.
“Hey...” He said, before looking back from where the delphox came. Ginkos' eyes darted that way and back to the zorua frantically. “I know where we can hide, come with me,” Ginko didn't have the time to pull his heart from out of his throat as the fox darted away. He quickly followed, tearing through the bushes as he went. A small distance away, he skid to a halt before a hollow tree in a thicker area of forest. “Here, in this fallen tree. I can disguise us from sight for a second, it should be enough to throw them off.” The delphox nodded and crawled into the rotting log, swallowing hard and tried to quiet his ragged breath. Outside, he heard things passing, some with heavy footfalls, and some just light pattering or dragging. Way too many to have survived on his own. He waited with baited breath for what felt like hours, sucking in a lungful of air only after he could hear absolutely nothing in the fog.
He slowly crawled out into the open, large ears perked and his stance low.

"...I think...they're gone." He whispered, his eyes and ears still alert. "I..." He hesitated, then turned to the young fox and offered a smile as his voice grew more confident. "Wow, that's quite the talent you have. What's your name?"

_________________
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
___________________________
Fox
Fox

Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 pm


Lake of Rage|Late Morning|2

The fog was extremely thick as Jim continued to wander about by the lake. There was times he wished to find the Sitrus berry sooner, but luck wasn't on his side. If anything he'd end up finding a horde of undead and like so he'd kick each of their ass's. However there was some luck though as he could hear voices. From the sound of it, there was two travelers still alive. Jim began running through the muddy ground, but due to the ground's saturated levels, his run was slower as each step made him force his claws to get unstuck. His run then came to a sneak as he spotted not just one but two pokemon. A Swampert and a Tallow traveling together, but they had said something that was directed to him. "You there! Look out!" The Garchomp turned around as an undead tried to attack only to be met with a Dragon Claw slashing it and knocking it out of the air. "Well you got a pretty mouth." After that he started smashing his tail onto the forehead of the undead until it died from its skull being smashed open from the constant dragon tail attacks.

The smell of bile rot had filled the immediate area as the blood and brains came sliding out of the smashed skull. After turning towards the two, he started to walk towards them then began to talk. "Thanks. Where you both heading?" The Garchomp asked the Swampert and Tallow. However since they was out on the lake, it would be a start on building a group to fight through the infested areas of undead.
ShadowCharizard
ShadowCharizard

Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by Nightfall on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:29 am



Lake of Rage (Early Morning)
(N: 2 | E: 2)

Noah's warning met the strange Pokemon just in time. He twisted round, thrusting out one of his long, sharp claws and knocking the attacker right out of the air just as it lunged. A few blows to the head with his massive tail made short work of the snarling abomination.

He's powerful, Noah thought, skidding to a stop and splattering mud all over his front limbs. Could I defeat him if he started a fight? Dragon-type, perhaps... my Avalanche attack would work well here. Or just grab Ellie and run--

He noticed with a surge of horror that Ellie was not on his head or back as she usually was. Noah spun around, his eyes searching the shadows until he spotted her hiding behind a barrel next to the cabin. Her small head poked out cautiously, eyes wide and curious, looking straight past him at the dragon-like Pokemon.

"Thanks," he said, stepping towards them. "Where you both heading?"

So he didn't appear to want to battle... that was a relief. But all the same, Noah found himself stepping back towards where Ellie was hiding, reaching behind him and hoping that the little Taillow would hop into his palm like she always did.

Dozens of scenarios swam around in Noah's head; scenarios he'd gone over countless times in his head at night when he couldn't sleep. It was bound to happen someday, but he'd refused to believe it.

Ellie's silence was louder than any words she could ever say. He could only imagine what was going on in her little head right now, at the sight of the first living Pokemon she had ever seen besides Noah.

He shouldn't have said anything. He should've just kept walking and let fate decide what was going to happen. It was far, far too soon. The visions he'd had of himself, alone and in despair, without Ellie, all began swimming to the surface. It was more than he could bear.

I need to get her out of here. I can't lose her yet.

But is that the right thing to do?


But Ellie had apparently decided for him. She hopped out of her hiding place, bold as anything, and stopped by his foot. Her look of wondrous awe could've thawed even the coldest of hearts.

"He... he can talk too!" Her head turned to beam up at him, and Noah felt his old heart starting to crack down the middle. "Just like us! He's... he's not a monster?"

Toosoontoosoontoosoon--

"N-Nowhere,"
he answered the dragon, reaching out and closing his palm around Ellie's middle. She squirmed and pecked as he raised her towards his head. "W-We're just wandering, looking for a safe place to bunker down. We'll be on our way now."

But the moment he let go of Ellie, she fluttered back down again. She was comically tiny next to the six foot dragon, but she didn't seem afraid at all. Her tail twitched with joy as she looked up at him.

"Does...does that mean he has a name too?"
Nightfall
Nightfall

Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by Milobytz Today at 1:10 am


| Lake of Rage || Early Morning |
2

Finch heard the feet of whatever Pokemon was lurking on the path where they were not more than 10 seconds ago. He held his breath, the clearing quiet enough to hear the air being sniffed in and out of nostrils. Moans of confusion and frustration rattled out of them, and they stayed crouched for just a moment, trying to make sense of any little sound. Hairs along his spine spiked up and tingled at their roots. The Delphox behind him was dead quiet, not daring to move an inch because even in the blanket of fog, any stirring would give them away.

Finally, they started hobbling back down the path, entering the brush a ways behind the pair and toward the shore of the lake. The Zorua untensed, his illusion falling. At this cue, the biped fox cautiously tiptoes out from behind their cover.

"...I think...they're gone." Somehow, someone else’s verbal confirmation of that made his body feel infinitely more relaxed. The little fox finally chipped out of his stone-like pose, taking a few light steps toward the Delphox and peaking behind him.

"I..." The gray life form turns around, facing him. Finch’s bright eyes look up at the older fox, who seemed to be suppressing some glimmer. "Wow, that's quite the talent you have. What's your name?"
Finch tried to remain stoic… but cracked a small smile.

”It’s my ability… I can make illusions,” he meekly explains, but then gains some bravado. “I’m Finch. From Castelia.” he pauses, looking at the ground for a moment. “Can you actually tell me where I am? I’m not sure. It’s cool if you don’t know.” he looks to his sides, swearing he caught some sort of noise coming from down the way, quarter way around the lake. Hopefully… it wasn’t something that decided to catch their scent again.

_________________

Just hold out against the night


and guard your hope with your life
Milobytz
Milobytz

Posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: The RAGE Team

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum